TOW SAFETY WEEK NEWS
Towing Bill of Rights
You have the right to decide who can tow your vehicle and to what location unless otherwise directed by police.
- A permission to tow form must be signed before towing starts, unless you have an auto club membership.
- The towing company must provide you with an itemized invoice, before receiving payment.
- The final bill cannot be more than 10% above the quoted price.
- If you choose, you can pay by credit card. During business hours, you can access your vehicle to get your personal items, while it’s stored at a towing facility.
- A tow operator must notify you where your vehicle will be towed.
- Tow operators must disclose if they are receiving a financial incentive for towing your vehicle to a particular vehicle storage facility or repair shop.
Join the Pledge
Tow Operators! Join the pledge by clicking on the link below
“I promise to promote professionalism, safety and integrity to our customers, our community and our industry.”
Tow Show 2018
August 24 & 25
To gather, analyze and inform members of relevant news, conditions and information impacting the industry
To promote and encourage fair, courteous and ethical business practices by members of the Corporation with their customers, colleagues and members of the public
To develop and maintain a minimum standard of business skills to which all members will adhere
To maintain discipline among the members of the Corporation
To promote uniformity in usage, custom and trade conditions
To furnish means and facilities by which members of the Corporation may increase their knowledge, skill and efficiency in all things related to the business of towing and recovery of motor vehicles and incidental businesses
To make representations to all levels of government and agencies on behalf of the members of the Corporation respecting the enactment – repeal – administration of legislation and regulations affecting the business of towing and recovery of motor vehicles